VADA Program Terms of Reference and Application forms
The VADA Program aims to train the next generation of health, health informatics, and computational science graduate students to translate complex health data into insights that can be used to improve the health of populations and support health professional decision making.
Through the VADA Program, students will gain cutting-edge visual and analytic skills within a cooperative and experiential learning environment, positioning them to become highly desirable recruits within industry and academia.
We are currently seeking prospective highly motivated graduate students (Masters and Ph.D) in computer science, statistics, mathematics, epidemiology, biostatistics, health informatics, statistical genetics, and bioinformatics. We accept applications from both Canadian and International students.
Applications for new students are due January 29th 2021 at 11:59pm. No extensions will be granted
If you are having trouble downloading the application form you can download the two component forms separately here:
Prospective Graduate Students
Students interested in applying to the VADA Program should review the Student Terms of Reference. The application requirements include:
- Completed application form
- Curriculum Vitae
- 2 letters of reference from those who have known applicant in a professional capacity (for example: supervisors, colleagues or professors) who can speak to professional strengths and why applicant would be a good fit into the program – referees must email the letters directly to email@example.com
- Transcript from academic institution(s) containing the last 60 credit hours – Must be official transcripts mailed/emsiled directly from institution to address listed above. If an official transcript cannot be provided by January 29th 2021 , an electronic or unofficial copy will suffice and a provisional offer may be made. However, an official copy will be required in advance of full acceptance into the program
- Scanned documents are not considered official transcripts.
Note: Students must be accepted into their program of graduate study.
- Master’s students are eligible for one year of funding ($16,000 per year)
- PhD students are eligible for up to two years of funding ($19,000 per year)
PhD Students in the VADA Program Seeking a Second Year of Funding
Current PhD VADA Program trainees interested in applying for a second year of funding should review the terms of reference. The application requirements include:
- Completed PhD interim report
- Recent transcript
Please review our FAQs if you have questions about eligibility or application process